Sunday, April 28, 2013

Spice Rave: Banana Leaf @ Nirwana


I find it hard not to get excited about Briyani, tosei, curries and tandoori. Ladies…ladies…this is a primal satisfaction of finger lickin good stuff! I’m serious here.

Ok, last Friday me and my other mate decided to go to Banana Leaf @ Nirwana. One of the famous fish head curry restaurant in Bangsar and you eat using banana leaf. Essentially they sell all types Indian cuisine. Sharp at 12! Run for your tummy!

Arrived there, ahhh darn! Like other Malaysian restaurants in their boom period, there was a formidable queue when we got there at lunchtime. But thanks to their super waiter, Samy for finding us a table.
Very hardworking 'Samy'
As I’m looking around, seriously folk, the crowds here never got lesser. And the funny side of it, you can see a lot of different races are here to experience eating on banana leaf but eventually you will hardly see Indian customers here. All my Indian friends? Where are you?

We ordered a Chicken Briyani, White Rice, Fish Head Curry, Fried Chicken, and Fried Squid.
I’m type of person that is hardly eating white rice. So the only way to get me eat rice is you serve me with biryani, or chicken rice, or corn rice, or tomato rice or lemongrass rice. So I’ve tried so many version of Briyani and let me say friend, this one is got A from me. Not ++ but yes sure it’s edible.

The fish head curry is worth to die for! The grouper was just nice, fresh and flaky. The curry gravy was flavoursome. Delicious! However, mind the spice levels friend coz if you are unaccustomed to Indian spice levels, you will definitely break a sweat! 



No comments:

Post a Comment