Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Lebanese Dessert


I studied in Melbourne for 4 years. And let me tell you, this city is a whirlwind of excitement and activity and I’m lured in by everything I can see. And of course, eating is one of them. So here I am in one of the famous Lebanese café in the city, Balha’s. Located in 761, Sydney Rd, Brunswick.

I’m a sweet tooth, so when I entered this restaurant and saw all these elegant looking dessert I know this Lebanese thing will blow me away. After my first bite of what they called Baklava, I was like a crazy vampire sucking the blood out of my victim body. I never know it will blow me to this extent.

Read somewhere, the scientists discovered that sugar stimulates the brain to release dopamine, a 'feel good' brain chemical that gives us a natural high. Maybe that’s why once I had gotten the taste; I just cannot stop and hungered for more.

Believe me darling, have a single bite on this pastry and you will know what I meant. The buttery crust and the nuts like pistachios and walnuts add a nice crunch to the dessert, a creamy taste of cheese and all the hint of cinnamon creates magic with the awesome dried fruits.

 Baklava
 Knafeh
Basmah

No comments:

Post a Comment