Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pride in Paradise


I really miss chilling out under the lumbung (Bali cottage) annnddd I miss the Balinese bath room and the cold water! oh! So many pictures and so many stories to tell. I have no idea where to start or how to start. 

Ok, here we are in Bali for a holiday which I’m really looking forward for ages after all the head cracking moments in work.Me and my bunch of crazy friends decided to staying with one local family for a whole week in Br. Ngis Kelod, it’s about 30 minutes away from Tabanan town in Bali. It’s a breath taking scenery and I want to stay here forever..haha (am I kidding!)

As you know, all I did was eating and eating and eating and ok I should stop. I learn a gazillion about Balinese food, their culture, their religion. I also ate loads and tons bizarre foods like. I ate shell! Can you believe it... gosh... just so much and the list just goes on. What an experience!

One of the gazillion interesting things I have learnt from this people is that you can actually make tea out of Hibiscus! Yup. The Malaysian national flower but I’m sure many didn't know we could make tea out of it. The host plucked about 10-12 of the flowers while we were strolling in the garden. The method is freaking easy thou. Wash them, pluck the petals and soak them in hot water and later on remove the petals when the water turns brown. Ahh by the way, in that process you will find the sweet sticky nectar at the bottom of the flower. Believe me; it’s awesome to suck the liquid (and I did that all the time). Ok, get back to the processing part, get ready some lime or actually I think any citrus will do. Squeeze it in the tea and TAD! That brown colour water will turn to a beautiful red. Add some sugar to the tea and enjoy fragrant and cooling tea. Hear me say it…Legendary!

I did a search on Hibiscus tea and found that this is actually food for reducing blood-pressure. Very cool huh? And now is widely commercialized and you can have it in the box like Lipton or BOH.


No comments:

Post a Comment