Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Kudos for Egg


Scotch egg…one of the most mind-blowing foods.  I’m serious thou, my foodie core had been shaken and I meant it!
Photo: Credit to http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/baked-scotch-eggs/f0e01f73-fb39-478b-9a2c-f242359d24af

All of my year living on this earth, I had fried egg, hard boiled, soft boiled, sunny-side up, basted, shirred, scrambled, poached and steam-basted but never….let me repeat again, never tried scotch egg. Do they exist? Oh dearie, they are exist when it fell from heaven straight on my plate.

It said that, is not the Scots thou who invented the Scotch egg, but by Fortnum and Masons in London. And…as usual I leave that part to the expert. I’m just so thankful to crash this egg!

Scotch egg basically is a hard-boiled egg, wrapped in a sausage meat or beef mixture, coated in breadcrumbs, and deep-fried. Scotch eggs are typically eaten with salad and pickles. And for the egg, it can be made from chicken, duck, quails, goose eggs.  Though technically you could use most eggs, even ostrich if you can find one of course! Whoaaa...that’s huge...haha

One of my awesome friends gave me this recipe. I did try thou but fail to get the oozy melting yolk...oppsi!

10 medium eggs
450g good-quality grinds beef
½ tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp cornflour
45g French mustard
Salt and black pepper
Plain flour
50g full cream milk
125g breadcrumbs
Oil, for deep-frying

You can find the recipe a lots thou online by the way.

Honestly, I like my Scotch eggs a little runny in the middle, so the outside is golden and crispy and the inside hot and runny. Glorious! That's when you know you've got yourself a good Scotch egg.
That’s it for now friends. The hunt for these kinds of sensations will continue…

No comments:

Post a Comment