Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Left my heart in Jogjakarta, Indonesia –Part 1


Howdy…howdy…howdy!

Here is my trip to Indonesia with a couple of friends. We went to Jogjakarta. We were hungry after unpacking our stuff so we decided to forego exploring the place in favor of getting some grub.

We tasted a variety of foods and I've to admit even street foods and hawker foods are considered a must-try!

The blend flavours of chilli, lemongrass, lime (limau sambal) and all the fragrant herbs such as turmeric leaves, kaffir leaves, coriander,  kaempferia galangal (kencur), hallelujah!  
Best- kept secrets in Indonesian cuisine I can say. These stuffs will blow in your love for food from this region.

I’m the type of person that always has a problem gaining weight and staying for a week in Jogjakarta, I know that I could easily gain five pounds but what the heck, I’ll never apologizing for that. The food was just awesome. It’s impossible not to find something that won’t suit your palate (mine actually). Haha

What was very authentic to me was when I saw all the mid age ladies carrying around a lots of container selling what the local called gudeg (without a second thought I bought a pack from her for only IDR9,000) Gudeg basically is a young jackfruit boiled for several hours with coconut milk, garlic, shallot, candlenut, coriander seed, galangal, bay leaves, and teak leaves and palm sugar. Normally it served with white rice, chicken, hard-boiled egg, fried tofu and/or tempeh, and sambel goreng krecek. Owh, this is satisfaction of finger lickin' goodness!
 Yummy!

Photo of us riding a horse in the mountain. Spectacular uh! ( I mean the background) 

No comments:

Post a Comment