Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Me and Coffee and Coffee and Coffee


I can no longer hold my opinions in! This year ( I know it’s a bit late) but I’ll celebrate my birthday with a real foodie explosion. I’ll share all the food that I've been exploring and the food that I've cooked by myself and mom and granny. I’m really sure that I have a very veracious nature about approaching food (boasting)

Ok then, for my first entry of this hungry diva version I'll start with my entire obsession towards coffee. Yes…I’m a coffee queen (in suck it into my body of course). I am not entirely au fait with the finer details but I just love this little bean. 6 cups a day is a minimum…insane? No worries mate; I’ll take it as a compliment. 

I will never find my loving day without a cup of my loving coffee. I love coffee (Ahhh… did it said it again). Life is not the same without coffee. I am not as nice a person without coffee, hahaha… and I mean it OK!

Drinking coffee is not all about the caffeine. It’s a good little perk you get from drinking it, but drinking coffee is more about the ritual of it. Grinding the beans and preparing the brew. That first aroma of fresh coffee coming out of the pot. Holding the hot mug in your hand. Did I mention the smell? Oh that smell! The taste. It's the lovely way coffee feels on my tongue. The first sip of the day is almost startlingly hot. The second sip is where I really taste the coffee, roasted to my specifications, ground to perfection, and drip brewed to its full rich goodness, for the first time that day. Coffee is more than a beverage. It's my partner. Coffee is by my side throughout my day to help me in so many ways...actually, coffee is my friend. When I am tired, coffee perks me up. When I need to ponder the meaning of life, or my job, or stare blankly at a monitor, coffee is in my hand, ready to hit my mouth and warm my entire body and soul.

I could tell you so much about coffee. Ahh...Do you agree with me that coffee has been there on many first dates?

So many people tell me I should try tea, or hot chocolate, or cola drinks instead. Thank you all for your helpful suggestions friendssss. They just don't hit the spot.

“Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love.” That’s the recipe for coffee, according to the utterly French statesman Talleyrand (1754-1838).

Douse your sunrise with a perfect coffee…see yea!


No comments:

Post a Comment