Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Melbourne : The taste of Oriental Spoon



My exam is finally over and the best way to celebrate this freedom is indeed a good food! My besty, Christy said she knew one place which will make my day but she kept me in miserable of being unknown till we arrived at the restaurant. The restaurant located in La Trobe Street. Oriental Spoon, first I thought a Chinese restaurant but it’s a Korean foods! All about Korea is a staple in my life, so you can imagine my excitement when I found out that Oriental Spoon is actually a Korean restaurant?

Photo credit to Mark J

Photo credit to Alexander 

Oriental Spoon offers a wide range of meals for either individual consumption or sharing with your friends. Also, if you want more interactive dining experience, there are number of tables equipped with facilities to cook your own meal on a grill or hot (true Korean barbecue style)  and of course the staff will give you a guidance (so you don’t blow the restaurant).
We ordered a Bulgogi which I can say it’s a central to all things good on the menu. Basically it’s a Korean marinade served predominantly in sizzling hot stone bowls. There are so many items on the menu but I always tend to gravitate to order their ddeokbokki where basically it’s a rice cakes covered in a thick & spicy sauce. Both our meals were very excellent, and there was delightful music playing while we were eating too!


The atmosphere is A++, the foods are yummy! Go here for your next Korean feast! If you are a Korean foods fan, Oriental Spoon will be your nirvana.  

And thank you Christy darling, you rock my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment