Monday, May 13, 2013

Trip to Conegliano, Treviso: Buonissimo!


One of its foremost contributions to the mighty Italian food fabric: Pasta! I went to Treviso for my student exchange program where I took Italian language as one of my minor subjects. Treviso is a captivating city in the north-east of Italy. This four-week study program is held in the charming city of Conegliano. While improving my Italian language skills, I also took the opportunity being immersed in Italian society. Words can't describe how blown away I was by the Italian language, culture and of course the food. My eyes have been opened, my palate expanded. Here are the highlights of all the foods that I tasted...

Referred to by Italy's official tourism website as "the prince of Trevisan food," treviso is an Italian vegetable also called "the winter flower" because of its lovely form and its appearance late in the season. A red radicchio named for its home province, treviso is an important part of the region's local cuisine.


 Radicchio Di Treviso Risotto

 Prima Patiti

Crab Ravioli

Semifreddo al lampone


Cocktail Gamberoni


Mushroom Ravioli Filling : A mix of savory mushrooms and fresh ricotta fill toss with olive oil, grated Parmesan cheese, and snipped chives.


Creamy Artichoke Lasagna: Plump artichokes pair perfectly with garlic and fresh basil seasonings.


Orecchiette with Ricotta



Overall, it's a fantastic tour. More than I expected, great city of Treviso, has all great phases and makes like enjoyable. A great opportunity to make new friends and live a new experience, after this experience I know it is possible to work in another country and the language barrier isn't as difficult as I thought. Great program!!

No comments:

Post a Comment