Wednesday, May 22, 2013

In praise of tiny little Lentil!

I had completely underestimated the power of lentil. When I was in Melbourne, I met a few friends from Bangladesh. Apparently they are a big fan of lentil. So I was so surprised when my first bite of their cuisine based on lentil has blown me away. Since then the hunting for the best lentil recipes have begun.

In Washington, they even have a festival for lentil! Erm…lentil…you are quite famous uh! I’ll definitely go for this event one day.

I found a few delicious recipes about lentil other than just make it soup in one website. But the real objective for me is that I simply want to cook and eat everything in this web.

So far I've tried these:

Lentils with broiled eggplant

This is a mouth-watering dish. The combination of textures and flavors of tender lentils, smoky eggplant, sweet tomatoes, herbs and mayonnaise weaved throughout this dish make it interesting and exciting. I had it with grilled salmon and it's a stellar
Photo Credit to Whole Living Daily
Wild Mushroom Lentil Burgers with Creamy Cashew Sauce 

As a meat eater, looking at veggie burgers typically give me a reason to criticize. Well, it sucks. (Initial reaction) but my friend… I dare to put my carnivore tag down and say this is probably the most genuine nature food with a deep flavor and dark spirit.

Photo Credit to Whole Living Daily
If you think lentils are boring (like me before), this is definitely your gateway recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment